Thurlaston Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Thurlaston a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
You will have heard the sad news that HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh passed away this morning (9th April 2021) at Windsor Castle.
You may find it helpful to be aware of the following information and plans:-
- The Royal website (www.royal.gov.uk) will issue further announcements in due course.
- The Lord Lieutenancy will be taking a lead role across Leicestershire and information will be posted on www.leicestershire.gov.uk.
- Blaby District Council has set up a page on its website, further information, including the timetable of events, will be published when it becomes available. https://www.blaby.gov.uk/contact-us/consultations-public-notices-and-surveys/royal-condolence/
- FLORAL TRIBUTES: We are awaiting further information and clarification on the laying of floral tributes due to pandemic but we are aware that the laying of floral tributes is discouraged to avoid large gatherings.
- BOOK OF CONDOLENCE: Due to the pandemic, virtual books of condolence are being opened.We have been advised by LCC to use this direct link to the book of condolence. https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/book-of-condolence. It is also likely that the Royal website will open up a virtual book of condolence in the coming hours/days and we will be sharing those details on our website when they become available.
- As a mark of respect and in line with protocol, Blaby District Council will be flying its flag at half- mast until 08:00am on the day after the funeral.
- At the request of The Duke of Edinburgh, there will be no state funeral (further details on the timetable will be published on the Council's website).
- Blaby District Council will be observing 2 minutes silence at 11am on the day of the funeral.
- The protocol states that consideration should be given to cancelling events on the day of the Duke's death, eve of funeral and the day after the funeral, and elected members should consider cancelling social engagements during the period of mourning.
Posted: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:54 by Elaine Foxon
For fun and something for all the family to enjoy, you are invited to submit a piece of artwork with an Easter theme in any form you wish, for example: drawing, painting, photograph or collage.
It has to be no larger than an A4 piece of paper and the age categories are:
Aged 10 & under,
Aged 11 - 20
Aged 21 and over
• Please put your age category and a contact number on the back of your piece of artwork (no name required). More »
• All artwork will be displayed in the village hall as soon as it is safe to do so.
Entries can be placed in the box provided near the till, within the fruit and vegetables section at the Garden Centre.
There will be one prize for each age group and the closing date is Monday 5th April 2021. » Less
Posted: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 15:25 by Elaine Foxon